– Rep. Frank Farry (R-Bucks) today announced that forms for the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program for 2016 rebates and copies of federal and state tax forms are available in his district offices.
Eligible participants of the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2016. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Eligibility income limits for homeowners are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
- $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
- $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
Eligible residents can pick up an application form at either of Farry’s offices. Free assistance in filling out Property Tax/Rent Rebate forms is available at his Langhorne office Mondays through Fridays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., or by appointment; and at his Feasterville office, Mondays through Thursdays between noon and 4:30 p.m., or by appointment.
Applicants are reminded to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. The application is also available for download at RepFarry.com
Please take note the current applications are for rent or tax payments made during calendar year 2016, not 2017. The deadline to apply for a rebate is June 30.
Additionally, Farry noted that free copies of federal and state income tax forms are available at his Langhorne office, and can be obtained during office hours: Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Farry’s Langhorne office is located at 370 East Maple Ave., Suite 203, Langhorne
. His Feasterville office is located at Lower Southampton Township Complex, 1500 Desire Ave., Feasterville.
Representative Frank Farry
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abbey Haslam