Contact Information 
District Offices
370 East Maple Avenue 
Suite 203
Langhorne, PA 19047
(215) 752-6750
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
 
Lower Southampton Township Complex
1500 Desire Avenue
Feasterville, PA 19053
Phone: (215) 942-4067
Monday through Thursday, Noon to 4:30 p.m. and by appointment

Capitol Office
52B East Wing
PO Box 202142
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2142
(717) 260-6140
Farry Brings Awareness to New Carbon Monoxide Alarm Law at Community Event
1/17/2014
Rep. Frank Farry (R-Bucks) explains a new state law (Act 121), which requires multifamily dwellings with a fossil fuel-burning heater/appliance, fireplace or an attached garage to be equipped with a carbon monoxide alarm, during a community event he hosted on Jan. 17, at the Langhorne-Middletown Fire Company station. Farry was a strong advocate for the legislation. 
LANGHORNE
– Rep. Frank Farry (R-Bucks) today invited members of the community to attend a free, public event he hosted at the Langhorne-Middletown Fire Company Station No. 22, to bring awareness to a new state law regarding carbon monoxide alarm requirements.

Act 121 of 2013, known as the Carbon Monoxide Alarm Standards Act, requires multifamily dwellings with a fossil fuel-burning heater/appliance, fireplace or an attached garage to be equipped with an operational, centrally located and approved carbon monoxide alarm. The law takes effect in June 2015.

“The risk of carbon monoxide poisoning carries deadly consequences in the nation and here in the Commonwealth,” said Farry. “This new law in Pennsylvania was designed to further protect homeowners and new homebuyers and renters against these damaging effects.”

Although the Senate measure was ultimately signed into law, Farry championed identical legislation in the House and held a public hearing on the issue in Middletown Township in 2012.

“This issue is one of great importance to me and one I advocated strongly for,” said Farry. “The goal of this event was to make the community aware of the new guidelines and the dangers of the silent killer.”

The event featured Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers; Kim Everett, coalition coordinator, Bucks County Safe Kids Coalition; Donald Konkle, executive director, Pennsylvania Fire and Emergency Services Institute; Mary K. Smithson, Bucks County resident and Act 121 advocate; a representative from Middletown Township’s Office of the Fire Marshal; other officials and local emergency service responders.

Additionally, Kidde, a manufacturer of fire safety products, donated carbon monoxide alarms to Langhorne-Middletown Fire Company, which were distributed to attendees.
“Homeowners shouldn’t wait for this bill to take effect,” Farry said. “You don’t know when carbon monoxide is all around you. You can’t hear or taste it. It’s odorless and colorless, when suffering the effects, quite often, you feel like you’re getting the flu. It’s important for all homes to be equipped with these life-saving devices.”

Representative Frank Farry
142nd District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives

Media Contact: Abbey Fosnot
717.260.6222
afosnot@pahousegop.com  
RepFarry.com
Share |